With June comes high school and college graduations, and at Cherry Republic it’s a time to celebrate the young men and women who have come to mean so much to us over the years.
Many of our Cherry Ambassadors and Cherry Factory employees work for us part time all through high school with many taking advantage of our Cherry Republic College Match Program (see details below) to help cover tuition costs.
This year we are proud to recognize the accomplishments of 25 bright-eyed, hard-working, and ambitious students representing each of our six retail locations, as well as our Cherry Factory in Empire. We have no doubt they will all go on to do great things in the world! Congratulations and best of luck to:
- Ray Neiburger: Ray is planning to go to Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia this fall to major in animation.
- Salsabeel Hodge: Salsabeel is a graduate of Skyline High School.
- Olivia Ziemelis: Olivia graduated summa cum laude from Eastern Michigan University with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Linguistics and Anthropology. Olivia completed a thesis titled “An Analysis of Unusual Case Assignment in Pronouns” and has presented her research at multiple undergraduate conferences. She will be attending Eastern Michigan University in the fall pursuing graduate studies in Linguistics.
- Ethan Wright: Ethan is a graduate of Michigan State University.
- Angie Vita: Angie (she/her) is a recent graduate from the University of Michigan. She earned a Bachelor’s in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minor in Gender and Health. Angie is pursuing a PharmD degree in the fall at the University of Michigan. One of her favorite places she recommends to her friends in Ann Arbor is Cherry Republic, so she is enthused to be working there this summer!
- Nicklas Shrift: Nicklas is a graduate of Charlevoix High School.
- Namith Shetty: Namith is graduating from the University of Texas.
- Parth Parmar: Parth is graduating from the University of Buffalo.
- Sophia Balaya: Sophia will be attending the University Liggett and is a recent graduate of Grosse Pointe High School.
- Kennedy Jackson: Kennedy is celebrating her graduation from Hickman High School in Columbia, MO.
- Andrew Sherman: Andrew is celebrating his graudation from Bloomfield Hills High School.
- Luke Hazelton: Luke Hazelton is a graduate of Glen Lake High School.
- Sean Galla: Sean is a graduate of Glen Lake High School.
- Quinn Gilroy: Quinn is graduating from the University of Dayton.
- Fitz Seymour: Fitz is graduating from Glen Lake High School.
- Tucker Brown: Tucker is graduating from Glen Lake High School.
- Tirzah Dine: Tirzah is a graduate of Holland Christian High School.
- Maddy Eppard: Maddy studied Special Education Learning Disabilities and Emotional Impairments at Hope College.
- Austin Castillo: Austin graduates from Hope College and studied Classical Studies.
- Rachel Van Dommelen: Rachel is a graduate of Anderson University and studyied Dance Pedagogy and Writing.
- Alexa Watkin: Alexa is a graduate of Hope College and studied History.
- Joe Flowers: Joe is a member of the IT Department in Glen Arbor and recently graduated from Northwestern Michigan College and received his A.A.S in CIT – Infrastructure and Security.
- Lauren Bavikatty: Lauren is a graduate of Traverse City Cental High School.
- Paige LaMott: Paige is a graduate of Traverse City Central High School.
- Andrew Choate: Andrew is a graduate of Traverse City Central High School.
Cherry Republic College Match Program
Open to all employees who meet certain requirements and are enrolled in a Michigan Education Savings Plan, Cherry Republic’s College Match Program starts with a dollar-for-dollar match in the student’s first year of employment ($1 for each hour worked) and then gradually increases its match by $.50 each year. By the fifth year, Cherry Republic contributes $3 for every $1 the student puts in his or her account.
For more information on openings at Cherry Republic, visit CherryRepublic.com/employment.