Serves: 10 – 12
- 4 T butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 3 ribs celery – chopped
- 12 cups dried bread cubes
- 1- 12 oz bag Cherry Republic Great North Fruit Mix
- ½ cup fresh parsley – chopped
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 T sage
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ½ to 2 cups chicken or turkey stock
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
In a large skillet, melt the 4 T of butter over medium heat. Add chopped celery and onion and cook until softened and golden brown.
Add vegetables to a large bowl. Mix in bread crumbs, dried fruit mix, parsley and all seasonings. Gradually add broth until stuffing is moist but not soggy. Blend well.
Transfer dressing to baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes until a nice golden brown.