Fluffy, creamy, and absolutely delicious, these Cherry Horseradish Mashed Potatoes are a hit with a variety of dishes
This recipe is a twist on classic mashed potatoes. The end result is a creamy, buttery, fluffy mashed potato with just a little kick from the Cherry Horseradish Sauce. True horseradish lovers will probably want to add just a bit more Cherry Horseradish Sauce, but the recipe is approachable for all people just as is. Enjoy!
- Russet Potatoes – 2 Lbs.
- Heavy Cream – ¾ C.
- Chicken Stock – ¼ C.
- Butter – 4 T
- Cherry Horseradish Sauce – 1 T
- Salt – 2 t.
- Minced Chives – 2 T
- Fit a colander or steamer basket into a pot of boiling water. Make sure there is 2-3” between the water and the bottom of the steamer.
- Place whole potatoes¹ into the steamer and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Steam for 45-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. You can check this by sticking them with a fork. If it pulls out easily and doesn’t stick to the potato, they’re done.
- Allow potatoes to cool enough until they can be handled. While potatoes are cooling, slowly warm the cream, chicken stock and butter.
- When potatoes are cool, peel the skins off and discard.
- Add to mixer and pour in cream, butter, stock, horseradish sauce, salt and chives.
- Turn mixer on medium low and whip to desired consistency.
¹ NOTE: Unless otherwise necessary, you should always try to cook your potatoes in the skin. It helps them retain moisture which will help create fluffy, airy potatoes.