The combination of Michigan raspberries and tart Montmorency cherries in our Cherry Berry Jam make these the best thumbprint cookies you’ve ever had. And while they’re a favorite during the holidays, we think this iconic and yummy cookie is a welcome treat any time of year!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened
2/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup Cherry Republic Cherry Berry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mixing just until incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls with a cookie or ice cream scoop and roll in sugar. Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball, about 1/2-inch deep. Fill each indentation with about 3/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. (For even color, rotate the pans from top to bottom about halfway through baking.) Cool cookies on the baking sheets. Enjoy!