Cherry Republic’s Holiday Bark is a candy we cannot wait to make each holiday season. Luckily for you, you can make a batch in 20 minutes with two of our most popular items.
What is Cherry Republic’s Holiday Bark?
It is a holiday treat made with two of our most popular items: Ambassador Mix and White Cherry Blossoms. Our very own staff has been making this delicious and easy recipe for more than 10 years. We are happy to share the secret recipe with our Citizens so you can enjoy it on any occasion!
What ingredients are needed for the Holiday Bark?
Swing by a Cherry Republic store or visit our online store and pick up:
White Cherry Blossoms: Bright, white, and beautiful, our dried cherries are smothered in white confectioner’s glaze creating a flavor combination that really lets the taste of the cherry shine through the sweetness.
Cherry Ambassador Nut Mix: Tart dried cherries, dried cranberries, green pistachios and huge macadamia nuts add the salty component to this sweet candy.
Now simply mix the two together and you have our famous Holiday Bark.
How do I melt the White Cherry Blossoms?
You have a couple of options for this:
- Microwave: Place the White Cherry Blossoms in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave on low in increments of 30 seconds at 50 percent the power. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir in between each increment.
- Stovetop: The easiest way to melt this many White Cherry Blossoms is by using a double boiler on the stovetop. Double boiler may sound fancy, but it’s not. All you need to do is place a glass bowl on top of some simmering water so that the steam melts the White Cherry Blossoms. You just need to avoid getting any water in the bowl!
How long does the Holiday Bark take to set?
Once you add your Cherry Ambassador Nut Mix to the melted White Cherry Blossoms, mix well. Pour your mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate the bark for 20 minutes, or until it is firm. If you are in a rush and need to take the bark fast, you can pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the bark has completely set, for a more rustic and fun look, break it apart with your hands. If it is too thick to break with your hands, the flat side of a meat mallet will do the trick. If you are looking for a cleaner cut, use a sharp knife that has been dipped in hot water and then dried.
How long does Holiday Bark last?
This candy can be stored up to two weeks at room temperature and up to three weeks in the fridge. We don’t recommend re-freezing the holiday bark, because when it thaws the candy pieces will become sticky.
This easy twist on traditional holiday bark is sure to delight your family and friends!
- 1 Bag of White Cherry Blossoms (16 oz.), melted
- 1 Bag Ambassador Nut Mix (8 oz.), melted
- Melt White Cherry Blossoms in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Add chopped Ambassador Nut Mix. Spread on a flat dish or baking sheet and refrigerate until cool and hardened.
- Break apart and serve!