Our Fizzy Cherry Lime Margarita is bubbly, refreshing, and perfect for afternoon sipping. Make one and relax on the patio or make a pitcher to share with friends for taco Tuesday!
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and to celebrate we came up with our Cherry Lime Margarita.
Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Fizzy Cherry Lime Margarita
- It pairs perfectly with our Cherry Skillet Nachos!
- It is so simple to make! Our Cherry Lime Soda + your favorite tequila + Cherry BBQ Spice Rub.
- It adds a taste of Northern Michigan to your happy hour!
- This Margarita is perfect to serve at anytime. Think Cinco de Mayo, taco Tuesday, Sunday brunch, a family barbecue, you name it!
What is this fizzy margarita made of?
Our fizzy margarita starts by circling the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and dipping it in our Cherry BBQ Spice Rub. Add your favorite tequila. We used Jose Cuervo’s in ours. You can add a drop of agave nectar or sweetener of choice in if that is what you are used to, but it isn’t necessary. Top it off with our Cherry Lime Soda Pop and enjoy!
What are the exact measurements for one drink?
Our recipe is super easy. For every one margarita, you need one bottle of Cherry Lime Soda! Grab your favorite margarita glass and use the below measurements, then follow the preparation instructions in the recipe card.
Notes & Tips For Making The Perfect Fizzy Cherry Lime Margarita
- For best results, plan to mix this drink just before serving. We do not recommend making these in advance as the soda pop will start to flatten once opened.
- This recipe is also delicious with vodka if you don’t have any tequila on hand.
- If you don’t have lime to rim the cup, you can always use a simple syrup or water.
Fizzy Cherry Lime Margarita
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tsp agave syrup (optional)
- 1 bottle Cherry Lime Soda
- 1 Tbsp Cherry BBQ Spice Rub
- Put one tablespoon of Cherry BBQ Spice Rub on a plate. Wet the rim of the glass with a cut wedge of lime. Roll the wet edge of the glass in the Spice Rub.
- Add in your tequila and optional agave syrup over ice in a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Shake well to chill.
- Pour your iced tequila into glass. Add in your bottle of Cherry Lime Soda.