Yield: 6 servings
Time: 2 hr 10 min (on top of 12-24 hours for marinating
- 4 to 5 lbs pork ribs
- Your favorite dry rub (or create your own!)
- 2 jars Cherry Republic Spicy (or original!) Barbecue Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite bourbon
- Preheat your oven to 290 degrees F.
- Liberally season your ribs with your favorite dry rub (or have some fun and create your own!) or salt and pepper on both sides and place in a deep roasting pan.
- Mix Cherry Republic Cherry Barbecue Sauce with your favorite bourbon, to taste. Usually 1-2 tablespoons per jar.
- Add 1 cup Cherry Republic Cherry Barbecue Sauce and 2 cups water over the ribs until almost completely submerged; if not add a bit more sauce and water or use a smaller pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, place on center rack of the oven, and bake for about 2 hours or until meat is almost falling off the bone.
- Remove from the oven and drain the excess liquid immediately.
- Coat cooked ribs with a fresh layer of Cherry Barbecue Sauce. It is best to make the ribs a day ahead up to this point.
- Refrigerate ribs overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Preheat a grill to high. Place ribs on grill and grill for just a few minutes on each side.
- Serve and enjoy.