Whenever we introduce a new product, our Chef creates something new with it. This new sweet sauce turned into a delicious baked treat: the Ultimate Cherry Republic Breakfast Muffin. These muffins are good for breakfast, as a sidekick to coffee, or for something special with guests. They are just plain good….
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Cherry Applesauce
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Triple Cherry Granola (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line muffin pan with paper cups or grease 5 X 9 inch loaf pan.
- Combine Eggs, Yogurt, Vanilla, and Cherry Applesauce with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine Sugar, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, and Cinnamon in a separate bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- As the wet and dry ingredients come together, add 1/2 cup of granola and fold just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Portion batter into muffin liners, filling about 3/4 of the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins (or loaf) with the remaining granola.
- Bake 25-35 minutes for muffins or 50-60 minutes for a loaf.
- A toothpick inserted should come out with only a few dry crumbs attached. Allow to cool and savor as a hearty breakfast or late-day treat!