This might be the year to shake things up a bit with your traditional stuffing recipe! The addition of plump dried cherries, apples, and walnuts will make your dressing moist and flavorful.
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 16 oz. bag herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 cups chopped red apples
- 1 ½ cups Cherry Republic Montmorency Dried Cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 32-oz. carton chicken broth
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat; add onion; cook 4 to 6 minutes, until tender.
- In large bowl, thoroughly mix cooked onion and remaining ingredients.
- Use 4 cups of mixture to stuff a 12-pound turkey; roast turkey according to instructions.
- Bake remaining stuffing in baking dish 40 to 50 minutes or until heated to 165°F.