When the weather cools down, heat things up in the kitchen with hearty soups like our White Chicken Chili. A favorite throughout the Republic, it’s made even more delicious with the flavor of our Cherry Salsa. Choose from Original, Mild or Hot, depending on your heat preference. Serve with a warm-from-the-oven batch of scones made with our Cherry Scone Mix.
- Boneless chicken breasts, 2-3 medium
- Medium white onion, chopped
- Great Northern Beans, one 48 oz. jar drained and rinsed
- Cherry Republic Cherry Salsa, 16 oz. jar
- Stewed tomatoes, two 14.5 oz. cans
- Low-sodium chicken broth, one 14.5 oz. can
- Whole kernel corn sweet corn, 11 oz. can drained
- Diced mild green chilies, one 4 oz. can
- Chili powder, 2 tbsp.
- Ground cumin, 1 tsp.
- Mozzarella cheese, 8 oz.
- Plain Greek yogurt, 1 cup
- 2% milk, 1 cup
Dice chicken breast and sauté w/onions over medium heat; place in a sprayed slow cooker pot. Add beans, salsa, tomatoes, corn, broth and chilies. Whisk yogurt, milk, chili powder, and cumin in medium bowl; add to slow cooker pot. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. Serve with generous sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.