Winter’s frigid temperatures bring with them the desire to get out and explore Northern Michigan. But they are often followed by the strong need to rush back indoors to get warm. However, it is not always a warm fire that’s needed to beat back the cold. A delicious, hot meal hits the spot when the weather outside is frightful. As we are well into February, there is not a better time than now at Cherry Republic to do a winter recipe series. If you make any of these recipes please tag us on socials @cherryrepublic and use #cherrychef!
But don’t just follow any recipe. Taste, freshness, comfort level; these factors bring a recipe to life… especially when they involve cherries. Whether it’s our Air-Fried Cherry BBQ Wings, White Cherry Chicken Chili, or the perfect side to serve, you are going to need something comforting to look forward to when you come in from the cold. And you may want to pair your meal with the right Cherry Wine for an even more flavorful experience!
At Cherry Republic, we have recipes that are absolutely “cherrific” when enjoyed during the cold months. Whether you want hearty recipes to keep you warm, or just want insights on how to make the perfect cherry side, our winter recipe series should help you keep your palate happy until spring arrives.
Did we mention that our items in these recipes are on sale for National Cherry Month from February 15th to February 28th? So what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking! If you make any of these recipes, please post on social, tag @cherryrepublic, and use #cherrychef under your image.
Original Cherry Barbecue Sauce
Our top-secret blend of spices and cherries makes our Cherry Barbecue Sauce rich, tangy, and wonderfully different. We can’t tell you what’s in it, but we can tell you this: make these Air Fried Cherry BBQ Wing – our Cherry Barbecue Sauce will add a terrific zest!
Air Fryer Cherry BBQ Wings
- Air Fryer
- 24 Chicken Wings
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Cherry BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees. Prepare the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, nonstick cooking spray, or parchment paper AFTER you've preheated the air fryer.
- Rinse and completely dry the chicken wings.
- Mix the garlic powder and brown sugar together and use as a dry rub over the wings. For extra crispy wings, add a pinch of baking powder to the seasoning before coating the wings.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook the wings at 380° Fahrenheit for 16 minutes, flipping the wings every 4 minutes. Increase the heat to 400° Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the wings have reached an internal temperature of 165°. Add 1-2 minutes time if needed.
- Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer and place them into a medium sized mixing bowl. Coat the wings with our Cherry BBQ sauce and toss until they are completely coated.
- Serve with carrots, celery, and ranch dipping sauce.
Original Cherry Salsa
A signature product, our Original Cherry Salsa is the result of a three-year-long effort to find just the right balance of sweet and spice. This uniquely Michigan-made, medium-style salsa is a customer favorite. Buy our 7.5 oz jar which is $2 off for the next two weeks only, or buy it by the case to share (for when you want to make this recipe over and over again). Please note that this recipe calls for our 16 oz jar of Original Cherry Salsa.
White Cherry Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 2-3 Medium Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 48 oz. Great Northern Beans
- 16 oz. Original Cherry Salsa
- 30 oz. Stewed Tomatoes
- 14.5 oz. Chicken Broth
- 11 oz. Whole Kernel Sweet Corn (drained)
- 4 oz. Diced Mild Green Chiles
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 8 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Dice chicken breasts and saute with onions over medium heat
- Place chicken and onions in a sprayed slow cooker pot
- Add beans, Cherry Salsa, tomatoes, corn, broth, and chilies.
- Whisk yogurt, milk, chili powder, and cumin in a medium bowl. Add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4-5 hours. Serve with a generous sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
Cherry Bob’s Cherry Bomb Hot Sauce
Our hot sauce gets its kick from Fresno chili peppers, originating in California and similar in heat to a Jalapeno or a Serrano pepper. They’re also packed with Vitamins A and B, but we just know they add the perfect amount of heat to our flavorful, small-batch cherry hot sauce! Crafted with only seven ingredients, this ‘clean’ sauce is all-natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and low sodium. Grab a bottle of this while it’s on sale and let’s get dipping!
Hot Cherry Chicken Dip
- 2 cups Shredded Cooked Chicken (Use rotisserie to make it easier)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup Cherry Bob's Cherry Bomb Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Stir and sprinkle with green onions. Serve with chips, cracker, or cut up veggies.
Cherry Horseradish Sauce
Cherry Republic’s original Cherry Horseradish Sauce! The sharp edges of the horseradish are softened by the touch of delicious chunks of tart cherries, but it still adds zing to everything. Great on pork chop, chicken breasts, beef, and in this potato salad! $2 off the next two weeks and the perfect side salad!
Cherry Horseradish Potato Salad
- 2 lbs White Potatoes (peeled and cut into 3/4 pieces)
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Cherry Horseradish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 3 stalks Celery (chopped, plus 1 tbsp chopped leaves)
- 1 Large Shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs (chopped)
- Put the potatoes and two teaspoons of salt in a large pot and cover with cold water for about two inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the mayonnaise, Cherry Horseradish Sauce, mustard, vinegar, celery salt and cayenne together in a large bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Stir in the hot potatoes and the celery, celery leaves and shallots.
- Let cool to room temperature before stirring in the parsley and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.