Kick off grilling season with this recipe from Cherry Republic for Manitou Pork Chops & Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
After a long day filled with top Northern Michigan spring activities, it’s time to head back home and fire up the grill for the inaugural cookout of the season. We suggest kicking off grilling season with these mouth-watering recipe for Manitou Pork Chops and Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots. They feature Cherry Republic’s seasonal Manitou Gold BBQ Sauce, Cherry-Infused Maple Syrup, and Cherry Creme Honey. The sweet, spicy, carmelized goodness of these recipes will ensure your spot in the Grillmaster Hall of Fame!
After a long winter filled with heavy soups, stews and casseroles, there’s nothing that tastes better than pork chops, chicken, steak or even just a burger or brat fresh off the grill. (Of course, they’re even better slathered in Cherry Republic BBQ sauce!) And if you haven’t tried grilling your corn on the cob right in the husk, you don’t know what you’re missing. Corn would make a great side dish along with our Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots.
Just be sure to save room for some s’mores around the campfire later that night. They go perfectly with the first ghost stories of the summer!
Manitou Pork Chops
- 17 oz. Cherry Republic Manitou Gold BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Cherry Republic Cherry Infused Maple Syrup
- 4 Pork Chops
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Blend BBQ sauce and maple syrup in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Brush pork chops lightly with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated grill over medium high heat.
- Cook chops on one side for 5 – 6 minutes, rotating a quarter turn halfway through. Turn the chops over and liberally brush with BBQ sauce. Cook an additional 6 minutes or until the internal temperature is 150℉.
- Remove chops from the grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Carrots
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts Halved
- 1 lb Carrots peeled, sliced, and cut on the bias (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cherry Republic Cherry Creme Honey
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Dried Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until the sprouts are slightly charred and crispy on the outside and the carrots are caramelized and tender.
- Place in a serving bowl. Drizzle honey over and toss. Add feta and dried cherries. Serve immediately.