This Deviled Eggs recipe is easy to make, incredibly delicious and is a total crowd pleaser! A creamy, tangy filling is the key to the best deviled eggs and this recipe certainly delivers! So grab a jar of our Cherry BBQ Spice Rub and Great Hall Smooth Cherry Mustard and make one of our favorite appetizer recipes!
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled eggs are one of the most popular handheld foods for brunches. They consist of hard boiled eggs that have been cut in half with the yolks removed. The yolks are mixed with mayonnaise, along with Great Hall Smooth Cherry Mustard, white vinegar, salt, and pepper. The creamy filling is then scooped or piped back into the hard boiled egg and dusted with our Cherry BBQ Spice Rub.
Why We Love This Recipe.
Quick to assemble. Our favorite trick for these hard boiled eggs are to pipe the filling. It makes quick work and is much neater and prettier than spooning in the filling. You can use an open round tip or a star tip like we did for a fancier presentation.
Great flavor. The subtle cherry that pops through on these deviled eggs is delicious. The filling is creamy with flavor notes of cherry and spice. Super simple, super appetizer.
Perfect for brunch. This deviled egg recipe is perfect for Easter brunch or any spring gathering because they are easy to hold and eat. This recipe can be doubled or tripled depending on who you are serving.
Deviled Egg Recipe Ingredients
- Hard Boiled Eggs – Grab the large eggs and use the below method to boil them.
- Mayonnaise – This is the creamy component to the filling. Grab your favorite brand!
- Great Hall Smooth Cherry Mustard – Great Hall Smooth Cherry Cream Mustard is a mustard masterpiece! Spicy and flavorful with tiny bits of tart cherries blended in, this creamy mustard is amazing stirred into this deviled egg filling.
- White Vinegar – This adds the perfect amount of tang to the filling.
- Pepper and Salt
- Cherry BBQ Spice Rub – A flavorful combination of spices including paprika, cumin, onion, thyme and oregano join forces with Montmorency tart cherry goodness to make this Cherry BBQ Spice Rub a great addition to this deviled egg recipe.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
- Fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the hot water. Then lower the high heat to maintain a gentle simmer rather than a rolling boil, so the eggs don’t knock around in the pot. Set a timer for 10-12 minutes, depending on size of eggs. Once your timer goes off, gently transfer eggs into an ice bath for 5 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, peel eggs under cold water.
- Slice your deviled eggs in half.
- Scoop out the egg yolks and add them to a small bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Mash up the egg yolks until no large pieces remain.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, Great Hall Smooth Cherry Mustard, white vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill each egg white with the filling mixture.
- Dust the top of each egg with our Cherry BBQ Spice Rub.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Great Hall Smooth Cherry Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cherry BBQ Spice Rub
- Fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the hot water. Then lower the high heat to maintain a gentle simmer rather than a rolling boil, so the eggs don’t knock around in the pot. Set a timer for 10-12 minutes, depending on size of eggs. Once youre timer goes off, gently transfer eggs into an ice bath for 5 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, peel eggs under cold water.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with Cherry BBQ Spice Rub