Cherry Chutney Cheese Spread – Kaye K.
Cherry Republic Fall Recipe Contest – Honorable Mention
- 1/3 C. Cherry Chutney
- 1Tbs. Cherry Republic True Cherry Preserves
- 1 minced medium jalapeno pepper, plus seeds for desired heat
- 1 8oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
- 3/4 C. chopped Cherry Republic Sweet & Spicy Cherry Nut Mix
- 2Tbs. chopped Cherry Republic Montmorency Dried Cherries
Heat 1/3 C. cherry chutney, 1Tbs. cherry preserves and 1 minced jalapeno pepper/seeds until mixture thickens.
Cool to room temperature.
Combine cooled chutney mixture with softened cream cheese.
Add chopped cherry nut mix and dried cherries. Stir until all ingredients are distributed evenly. Chill.
Serve with baked pita or pretzel chips.