If your garden is overflowing with zucchini (or your co-workers are leaving anonymous gifts of veg on your desk each week), we’re here for you with a scrumptious recipe that features this seasonal squash along with plump, juicy Montmorency Dried Cherries and crunchy walnuts. This zucchini bread recipe would also shine with the addition of dark chocolate chips, if you’re looking for an extra way to entice your kiddos with this healthy breakfast treat.
Here’s Why You’ll Love This Zucchini Bread:
- Extra moist and flavorful
- Sneaks in veggies
- Can easily be doubled
- Welcomes add-ins like chocolate chips and walnuts
- Freezes so that you can enjoy later
How To Prep Zucchini For The Best Zucchini Bread
Grate the zucchini with a standard box grater. There is no need to peel the zucchini as it becomes soft in the oven and contains vitamins and minerals! There’s no taste or texture variance if you choose to not peel your zucchini!
Zucchini and dried cherries go hand in hand which is why this recipe is one of our most viewed recipes on the blog. We know it sounds odd to bake with a vegetable, but zucchini adds moisture for a perfect loaf.
Cherry Republic Tip: Make sure blot your grated zucchini dry before using in the batter.
How Many Zucchinis Are Needed For Two Cups?
Zucchinis vary in size, but two medium sized zucchinis will be the perfect amount for this recipe, yielding two cups!
The Ingredient That Makes This The Best Zucchini Bread
Big, plump, and juicy. Our dried cherries are the best available and what make this recipe so good. We start with the best Montmorency Tart Cherries of the year and use our unique drying process to ensure they are beautiful, great tasting, and healthy. The versatility of dried cherries makes them particularly good for purchase in bulk. An easy substitute for raisins in any recipe like this, they are also a healthy alternative to candy in kids’ lunch boxes, a great addition to stuffing for roasts, easily reconstituted and substituted for fresh cherries, and that extra something special in trail mixes, on relish trays, or in homemade chutneys.
What does zucchini bread taste like?
The thing that we love about zucchini is that it takes the flavor of whatever is nearby it. Our zucchini bread includes cinnamon, lemon zest, vanilla, and sugar so expect a lot of cozy, comforting, sweet flavors with every bite. It is a soft, moist load that is a favorite any time of the year.
And let’s not forget about the optional add-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and our delicious Montmorency Dried Cherries. This delicious loaf welcomes a bounty of tasty extras!
What other recipes can I use Montmorency Dried Cherries in?
We love our Montmorency Dried Cherries because they are so versatile and perfect for so many recipes. Below are a few more recipes you can:
- Coconut Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- Sharon’s Cherry Scones
- 5-Minute Easy Holiday Appetizer
- Festive Broccoli Salad
Cherry & Walnut Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Cherry Republic Montmorency Dried Cherries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease the bottom and sides of an 8×4 loaf pan.
- Blend eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Squeeze excess water from grated zucchini; stir into batter.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in dried cherries and walnuts into the batter. Stir in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.